Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chapter 8 and 9 The Great Gatsby

Chapter 8:
After reading chapter eight I feel really depressed. I just feel bad for Gatsby. I feel as if there is no way for him to be happy and it was so nice of him to take the blame for Myrtle’s death. I just think that Gatsby only finds temporary happiness in material things. And Daisy is kinnnnd of a material object to him. I just don’t really enjoy this book. It seems as if it is a soap opera with everyone cheating on everyone else.
Chapter 9: The end of the book was crazy. I cannot beleive what I have just read. Wilson kills Gatsby (wilson is myrtle's husband) and then he kills himself!!! OMG. I think that in a way Gatsby is sort of freed, if you know what I mean. I just feel really bad because he died because of Daisy who wasn't even his real lover. This book frusterated me and I feel that it is a great disappointment to read all of this, all for him to just die because of a stupid, dramatic, annoying woman. Ugh. This book made me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment